DVD-V's on 2005 TL NAV

I just got mine two days ago. I know what the manual says, but are there any ways to play video DVD's on this thing?

Reply to
RB

No. It does not do ANY video. But it does do DVD-A (DVD Audio).

You can also make your own DVD-A's from wav files with the same quality as the original CD. About seven CD's, give or take a little, depending of course on original quality and size. I use Audiograbber (free) to convert CD to wav then use Adobeman's scripts (also free) to make the DVD-A ISO image and finally Nero 6 (not free but use any DVD burner software that will do ISO's) to burn the ISO to DVD.

The TL player will also read dual layer disks so you should be able to get about 14 CD's worth of music on a dual layer DVD. There is a limit of 99 songs per group. You can have multiple groups per DVD but the played does not continue with the next group when the current group finishes. It goes to the next DVD. You can manually change groups by pushing two buttons at the same time (I think repeat and scan but I'm not sure). Use DVD-R disks, many people have problems with DVD+R's.

Adobeman's scripts with full documentation:

Discussion here at this great Acura forum:
lots of great info and people there. Good luck with your new TL!

signed fellow TL'er

2005 Acura TL, 6MT, Navi, Anthracite Metallic/Quartz, Body Side Molding, A-Spec Suspension And Steering Wheel.

Reply to
NomoreRGS