Extra Clear Coats?

I am going to be having some front body work done including a fender replacement on my 2000 TL and it was recommended I get extra clear coats when they do the paint work - is this a good idea?

Reply to
Ron Marraccini

The body shop wants to give you extra clear coats, right? The real reason is: they want to blend the new paint with the old by spraying and feathering the base coat half way into the front door. Your eye never looks for slight color variations in the middle of a door versus the line between the fender and the door. If it was my car, I would say no and make the body shop match the paint perfectly as possible. Seven year old faded paint can be a bear to match, depending on the color. Good luck.

Reply to
duckbill