fuel pump bad? integra 91

okay, i had another posting.. went to the shop and they said to bring it in for a diagnostic.

the thing is that it only has starting problems some of the time... some days it starts fine.. others i have to crank it.. the engine turns and doesn?t turn over for a good 6 min.. sometimes it will die right after and i repeat.. hit the gas a little and it stays.. what could it be?

Reply to
redjacket69

Sounds like the main relay. Goto

to identify your relay and diagnose the problem. They can often be repaired by some resoldering.

Remco

Reply to
remco

As 'remco' says, probably the main relay (see his link). It is rare for fuel pumps to become intermittent - they normally work until they fail completely. I suppose they could work intermittently, but I've never seen it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Hey Mike, The name really is Remco :)

Reply to
remco

D'oh! I thought it was a handle

Reply to
Michael Pardee

That famous main relay I carry a rebuilt one on my glove compartment.

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad