k24

any suggestions on going k24 on a standard rsx? still keeping the turbo tho

Reply to
RSX TURBO

yeah slow down

Reply to
firewolf

I'd imagine knowing what you're doing would be a god suggestion.

Ummm, along that line, I googled k24 and rsx together and still don't know what a k24 is. Should I know? Owning a base rsx and all...

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2007041722073616807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

I -think- the K24 is a 2.4 liter K series motor used in CRVs. It's a long stroke version of the K motor used in RSX. It will not rev as high as the RSX.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yoda wrote in news:2007041722073616807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

The K-series engine superseded the old B-series engine.

The K-series is used in vehicles that previously used B-series engines (such as the car formerly known as the Integra, and the CR-V). The RSX uses the K20, and the CR-V uses a K24.

I do not know if the external block dimensions and mount points are the same between the K20 and the K24. Honda has been known to change block heights between displacements.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9917498CD9F77tegger@207.14.116.130:

Honda Tuning Magazine did an article long ago on the K-series differences,and the K24 block -is- taller than the K20 block.

AFAIK,the mounts are the same.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns991769DE0686jyanikkuanet@64.209.0.85:

Well there ya go.

But if the block heights are different, that raises the possibility of hood or oil pan clearance, as well as compatibility with various transmissions.

Anybody but me miss the old RWD days when you could plunk just about anything into an old Chev or Ford and it would fit?

Reply to
Tegger