Looking For - Mechanic who knows ACURA's in Coquitlam BC area

I am a Coquitlam resdien & looking for someone to come to my house in Coquitlam & check my clutch & its adjustement.

The alternative is to tow it to my local Honda shop & be told its not fixable or at least the fix is too much for the value of the 1990 Acura Integra LS.

I've had a couple quotes and they are clost to $1000

Thanks.

Reply to
notinthislifetime

snipped-for-privacy@company.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Oh, hold on now. I was under the impression that the clutch was slipping. This new post appears to be suggesting that it's not possible to engage any gear, which is quite different from slippage.

Please give some more details about the exact symptoms.

Reply to
Tegger

If slipping is equal to 100% no movement of car then it is slipping.

Letting the clutch totally out does nothing even though the car is in gear.

I push in the clutch, its in gear, let it out, NADA....nothing no movement of car.

Sorry about that , there was no intention of confusion, must be difference in wordage between BC & Ontario....

dewayne

Reply to
notinthislifetime

snipped-for-privacy@company.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, Ontaria speaka difference of langua Englisc. Beeg problem!

If I understand you correctly (speaking BC-ese now...), you are able to start the engine and move the shift lever from gear to gear with the engine running. If so, then the clutch is well and truly worn-out. It must have been slipping for a LONG time.

How much threaded rod is showing above the plastic nut?

Reply to
Tegger