TL maybe?

Currently driving a BMW 325xi

Looked and drove an 07 TL.

Is Acura really a dressed up Accord? What exactly do they share, and what are the major differences besides all the options and nice appointments?

Thanks

Reply to
RML

TL Acura has a little more displacement, a little higher compression and more top-end horsepower, uses premium gas, includes all the goodies you can order on an Accord, another year of warranty, and a nicer badge. I'd have to check to see if it runs on a slightly lowered suspension or has lower-profile tires, probably both, those are the tricks they used in the past. Maybe more/strong sway bars.

It still won't handle like the Beamer. I think 90% decide between the Accord and Acura on the badge. I went Accord this time because with the 4-banger engine burning regular gas, it was suffiently cheaper and still plenty fast enough for my purposes.

But I keep looking longingly at the beamers ...

J.

Reply to
JXStern

The two vehicles share a platform, but the sheetmetal, interior and details are different. TL gets a slightly higher power engine and needs premium fuel. The TL is a very nice entry/mid luxury vehicle tuned for comfort more than the BMW. If you love BMW handling, you probably will not be happy with a FWD car. The TL also has far more interior space than any BMW 3-series, the dimensions are more like the

5-series.

Try 'em all and buy what you like.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Before getting our TL, I had three BMW 5 series cars. Two 540s and a 530, all new, and leased for three years each.

Aside from handling, where you are entirely correct, the TL is much more car for the money, at about $15-20,000 less. It's even slightly larger inside the cabin.

So if you want to race, get the BMW. If you want to drive a nice-looking and well-appointed car and save enough money to buy all new furniture and appliances for you home, get the TL. ;-)

Reply to
Larry in AZ

I drive a TL but my next purchase will definitely be a RWD - either Lexus IS or 3 Series. I've been dreaming about the twin turbo! MZ

Reply to
MZ

I thought the TL would be faster. Doesn't if offer more HP than the BMWs?

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

I will be looking at the 300C SRT :-)

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Depends on which BMW you're talking about.

And horsepower isn't everything related to speed...

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Has many horsies cheap.

I dunno, if I could drive any car on the planet for free, but I actually had to drive it on the freeway a couple of hours a day, I might just go for a BMW M3. Or a Bentley. Or an Accord. At 15mph, it doesn't much matter, and I like smaller cars.

And if I have to pay for gas and insurance, the Accord goes way up on the list. Much less service. Though it's not way up on the list of "chicks dig it". I guess that's why you end up with a TL!

J.

Reply to
JXStern

The price of gas and the decision of some Chrysler dealers with an SRT made me select the TL. I had also looked at the Infinity G35 but that was too small but what a SWEET engine.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike