Waterpump Torque Spec

Doin the whole timing belt business on my 01 TL. I have the whole timing belt area opened up and apart. Water pump will be first. I ordered on from Rock Auto. I also ordered some belts there too.

They do not provide torque specs and I dont have a manual as of yet. Anyone have the torques specs for the water pump.

Thanks.

Reply to
vin944

"vin944" wrote in news:BWZWl.18301$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com:

I don't know specifically for the TL, since I don't have a shop manual for a V6 as new as '01.

Most water pump bolts are 9 foot-pounds, but I've seen a few that are 18. Plus, some of those bolts are "special bolts" that need to be replaced once removed.

I think you'll need to get this information yourself at:

's all there. Subscribe for ten bucks and you get all you can download for a day.

I would _STRONGLY_ recommend that you download all the information related to the timing belt as well as the water pump.

Reply to
Tegger