Would you change the oil right now in my case or can it wait?

I have an '08 Acura MDX and a few days ago, I got this "A1 service due soon" reminder and showing 15% oil life. I have more or less about
5,400mi/8,700KM on the odometer and this would be the first ever oil change on our MDX. Normally, I think the first oil change for this car's supposed to take place at around the 6,000mi/10,000KM or so, but I could be wrong. The A1 service is just a simple oil change.
Now, normally, I think I'd wait until about 5% oil life remaining before I went in for the very first oil change, but my wife and I are leaving on a 3 1/2 week overseas trip in a few days and our car will be left to sit in our garage during that time.
What I'm concerned about is whatever dirt, particles, sediments or impurities that may have accumulated in the oil thus far with the oil change coming up soon, perhaps some of that will be settling or forming deposits in the engine from not driving the car for close to a month.
Is this a legitimate concern? What would you guys do if you were in my position? Just go in and get it done before we leave? Thanks for your time and courtesy.
[FYI, many of you probably knew this already, but my car's manual doesn't have a specifically set mileage intervals for the scheduled maintenance schedule. I'm just supposed to follow the on-board maintenance minder, which is supposed to tell me when and what type of service I'll need.]
Boondock <> wrote in

So what was the answer? Share with the people.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Boondock <> wrote in

I'd get it changed. You're 85% of the way there already, so it's not like you're changing it stupidly early.

Yup.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Add my "Yup" to Tegger's Yup.

Your new Acura is filled with "Break-in" oil (non detergent). You should change it as soon as the display warns you.
wrote:

Add my "Yup" to Tegger's Yup.

Seems like "Boondock" doesn't care to share. Bad boy.