2001 A4 EPC light

Today drove my A4 to a nearby shop to run an errand. On my way back, the car wouldn't start. The engine finally started after 4 attempts, but the the Electronic Power Control (EPC) light stayed on. I drove back home (only a 2-3 miles) with the light on. I noticed that the engine was idling at a higher RPM (1100). After reaching home, I shut off the engine and restarted it twice - both times, it started in one attempt and the EPC light did not stay on. The engine was again idling at its usual RPM (750, I think).

I guess I should still see the dealer? What could be causing this? I would truly appreciate any information. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
sst117

My 98 A4 can be a pig starting at times after very short runs........but no lights.

If move it on my drive say 30 feet then 15 minutes later try starting it she takes a number of winds to get going.......probably something to do with the ECU control.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Suspect a failing engine temparature sensor.

Pull the codes.

Lez Pawl wrote:

Reply to
TonyJ