2004 A3 wiper problem

Hi,

has anyone with a new model A3 experienced problems with the wipers? When on the medium or fast setting the wiper will sometimes freeze mid-sweep, reset themselves to park, then start working again. Its totally random and doesn't happen very often - a pain when your in heavy rain though.

Just wondered if anyone else was seeing this.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Its a known problem. Some cars seem to be affected more than others, ie a complete failure, where as some like mine have failed completely once (RAC came out but it worked when they arrived), then about 4 times I've had the symptoms you say. It's not the best of feelings driving on the motorway when that happens - or wondering if it will happen on that journey.

See your Audi Dealer to add you to the list to be fixed. I've been waiting for parts since end of November 2003

Andy

Reply to
Andrew George

In article , Andrew George writes

This is the first I've heard about this problem, and certainly haven't experienced it myself (so far at least). Looks like I've been lucky.

Reply to
Toby Groves

Haven't experienced this one myself either, but I've read on some forums that his has been happening. Might be only a problem in certain batch of cars.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman