1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager (Intermittent Front Wiper and Liftgate Problem)

Hello,

I have a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager with 145K miles on it and have a few issues I would like to get fixed.

The first problem we have experienced over the last few years is that the front windshield wipers will not operate consistently in the intermittent mode. If we use the slow speed or fast speed they work OK. But when there is a slight mist and we want to use the wipers intermittently (Using the sliding scale on the turnsignal to select the proper interval) the wipers will make one swipe and then not work again or work out of sequence). We end up having to use either the slow speed or fast speed all the time by switching the wipers on and off. The wipers do not come on and off unless we turn them on and off. (Sounds like a switch problem to me since the Wiper motor seems to work in the low and high positions only). Anyone know specifically what the problem is and can I get the part to fix it myself? Any assistance would be appreciated.

The 2nd problem my wife has noticed is that the Lift Gate will not unlock when we use the remote controls or actually use the key to unlock. It is like the lifting mechanism is not making contact to allow the liftgate to be opened. Eventually after several attempts it will engage and will allow us to open the liftgate as usual. It is an intermittant problem now that I know will get worse over time. Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this symptom. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Need to fix these issues as I want to keep the vehicle at least a few more years.

Thanks In Advance for any advice

Reply to
ckmeusel