2004 Audi A8l sensor problems

Does anyone know of any recalls, problem stories, or anything else relating to various sensors failures on the 2004 Audi A8l? I bought one of the first to be delivered in th US.

I have had numerous failures on things like: the passenger side mirror tilting down when backing up but not returning to the proper position when placed in Drive, the tire pressure indicator in the MMI screen showing all dashes (indicates a sensor failure), and most recently the "accoustic parking sensor" failed while backing up and caused a minor fender bender.

The dealer has tried two times to fix the mirror problem, three times to fix the tire pressure sensors, and claims there is no problem with the parking sensors (even tho both my wife and I were in the car when it failed and heard no beeping warning.

The point I'm making is that all these issues seem to happen INTERMITTENTLY and I can't convince the dealer that the sensor system is real. Would really appreciate hearing any similar stories. Thanks.

Reply to
kiyote

Perhaps you have already been there, but there is an excellent source of information on D3 A8's at the AudiWorld site:

Search the forums first for similar problems, and then post your question if not satisfied. Good luck!

Stephen Clark

89 Audi 100 Houston, Texas USA
Reply to
Stephen Clark

I had a brake squeal on my RS6 right after the dealer replace the front rotors and pads (at 33k miles under warranty). Every time I brought it back, neither the dealer tech nor I could replicate the condition.

I stuck to my guns and kept bringing it back. It was a general pain in the arse, but I insisted that they fix it. Finally they gave me an A4 courtesy car and kept the RS6 for a day. They finally replicated the noises I heard and replace the pads again. Problem solved.

So, keep bringing it back to the dealer. You should have another year left on your warranty. Tell them to keep it for a day, give you a loaner, and see if they can replicate the problems. Intermittent problems are the toughest to solve. Also, hint that you can't wait for the R8 to come out because you'll probably buy one. Surprising how a little greed on their part will get you better service. d;o)

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse