Fiat Tipo 1.6 problem

Dear newsgroup,

I have a problem with my tipo ('91).

It sometimes drives very goatish. Sometimes (appr. 20-30% of the time, seems more if it's rainy) it doesn't acellerate anymore if I want to, it seems the more I kick the less it's accellerates (or better it seems to throttle). This happpens from now to then and disappears from now to then (like switches on/off).

On a highway I can't drive more than 80-100km/h with this error, in the morning it is difficult to get throu the city (accelerate at traffic lights).

At the moment it happpens nearly every morning and lasts for 2-40min (so I sometimes drive the full way with this).

I have already checked

- spark plugs

- ignition cables

- ignition distributor

- sparc coil

- throttle poti

- engine control unit

- temp sensors at the engine

What else can produce this error ? Because if can appear/disappear anytime I think it must be something in the electricity.

Thank you for your help and I hope my english is at least a bit understandable.

Gregor

Reply to
Gregor Copoix