Auto gearbox problem? - Audi 100 Type 44 1984

Hey group

So it's time for me to pick your brains again :-)

Our beloved 100 has just transported us 2000km across europe in 6 days without missing a beat, mostly with speeds between 140 & 160 km/h on the motorways but also some very hot summer traffic-jams too. No problems whatsoever.

Strange that, as soon as we get home, the auto 'box starts getting a little weird; when changing from 1st to 2nd, it tends to slur a little, as if it's attempting to get power through but not really succeding - the closest thing I can think of to describe it is that it feels like I'm feathering the clutch in a manual car...

As the motor warms up the problem seems to go away - sometimes totally, sometimes so that it's only noticeable by looking at the rev-counter.

The takeoff from idle and change from 2nd to 3rd give no problems whatsoever, and we can't seems to reproduce it when shifting manually.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Chris : )

Reply to
Chris G.

Regal53

Thanks dude, that sounds like it could a possible cause - I'll take a look during the week :-)

Cheers Chris : )

Reply to
Chris G.