A4 2001 Climate Control

I only notice this when the CD player is off - but the climate control section of the dash seems to be emitting a buzzing sound sometimes. Is there perchance a fan in there drawing air over the temperature sensor or something? I'm thinking that maybe this probably-mythical fan has worn bearings and is making the noise...

Reply to
Jim Pills

Good question. Clearly there's an intake on the center stack, and I can't imagine how it'd work without something pulling air in. When you figure it all out, let us know...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

There is a little fan in there on the B6, it does spin round, and mine was all dusty, I took mine apart last week it's pretty easy.

Stereo comes out via pullers, then remove the climate unit, no screws involved unlike the B5 Audi.

I am having problems with my climate unit, the main blower fan intermit keeps stopping even though the display is showing full speed etc, I am trying another unit next week to see if this fix's the problem, I have vag'd mine but no error codes to show :(

Reply to
Ronny

Excellent! I think it's time I tracked down some of these stereo "pullers" (although I'm very tempted to make them myself.)

Thanks to both of you for replying - can't wait to get the thing apart now... ;o)

Reply to
Jim Pills

Make them yourself, i used a small pocket knife, prise one side out then the other :)

Reply to
Ronny