a4 mods most bang 4 the buck?

"Gio" wrote

Worldwide I'm not sure, but in the US it's definitely automatic that's in majority. Some car models aren't even available with a manual option, not even if you pay extra. :) Most people learn how to drive and pass their driving exams without ever learning what a clutch is and without ever seeing one. Which is not bad, just different :-)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Hiya Pete....

Yeah, i know "Los Americanos" is born with automatic shifting per se, and are having BIG problems when they visit europe. But here in europe, most cars are manuals - but more and more auto-trannys are showing up. But i think the reason for the manual popularity here, is that automatic is WAY more expensive when you buy your new ride. Hell....i´m back to manual again, after i sold my A4. And i MISS MY TipTronic!!! *sigh*

Reply to
Gio

"Gio" wrote

Yeah, I'm in Europe as well, although I spent a lot of time across the pond, too. In addition to initial cost, I think other reasons are higher fuel consumption (at least with traditional automatics, not stuff like multitronic/CVT), and being afraid of higher repair costs should anything go wrong - whether that's true, I don't know.

Heh... after driving manual all my life, at one point I went out and bought an Accord V6 auto (that was in the US). Within a year I got so bored of it and fed up with the way it worked, I quickly sold it and bought a manual A4

1.8Tq. Been having fun with it ever since 2001, now in Europe. :-)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Reply to
anon

tran=B4s?

Not in the US; not by a long shot.

Um, reread the thread. I didn't *ask*. I *was asked*.

shifting a

In the US, it's unquestionably automatic. Probably 90% or more.

I'd guess (and a guess is all it is) that in most other parts of the world, it's manual, but in the more developed parts such as Japan and Europe, I would expect it's drifting toward autoboxes as well as they get better, more fuel efficient, and people in general get lazier.

-- C=2ER. Krieger (Not crashing)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger