Order of Engine Mods (Bang for the $$)..... ??

What Engine Mods give the MOST Bang for the $$ on a 5.0 ??

Reply to
Katmandu

To carry that question one step further. What should the sequence of engine mods be such that they build on one another as they are added and, if possible, give noticeable/measureable performance gains as they are added. End result is to have a very quick car.

Reply to
Richard

If your rear end is geared high (2.xx), going up to 3.73's provides a HUGE bang for the buck.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Here's something to consider.... While I can't say exactly which order you might think is best, I chose to group certain mods together that seemed related. For instance, I had my upper/lower intake, rocker arms, throttle body and mass air meter all changed at the same time. This allowed me to save a bit on labor, because certain things had to be dismantled for the swap, and the new pieces just went in instead. I did the same again when addressing my cooling system. Also, since I'm not sure how your finances will affect the choices you make, it might be best to do groups of lesser-expensive mods at one time, then save the biggest ones (such as heads, if you're planning them) for later. One last bit of advice. Assuming you plan to have these things installed for you, rather than doing it yourself, try to find a good shop that not only offers good work on the installs, but has talented mechanics who can "tweak" your new stuff to work its best together. This is all just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

BTW....do you already have an aux. trans. fluid cooler? If not, you would definitely benefit from one. A good one should run less than about $60 or so.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

Thanks Randy.

I do. Added one when I did the tanny rebuild.

Reply to
Richard