A4 Temprature Gauge Sender

Hi Guys,

Dose anyone know where the engine water temp gauge sender unit is on a 1996 A4 2.6 - ABC v6 engine? I have the top engine cover off but can't see anything that looks like it,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

A4 2.6? ABC? If you meant 2.8 AFC V6, then the Engine Coolant Temp sensor is located on the coolant line behind the cylinder head on the passenger side. It is a four pin sensor. Best of Luck Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

I don't think so - the 12 valve 2.8 was never offered in the UK A4.

We only had the 2.6 until 1997 models arrived with the 30 valve 2.8.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Hi, Its definitively a 2.6 v6 12v engine, engine suffix ABC, the 2.8 12v v6 was suffix AAH I think, I just cant see anything that looks remotely like the temp sender, the temp gauge sometimes works sometimes does not, was going to try a new sender as a starting point,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Sorry, still learning what's available in Europe vs. North America. I wish the N. American market would adopt some of the ideas and technology that Europe is using. What a difference a pond makes. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

The one that feeds the dashboard gauge is located behind the right cylinder head (looking from front). Easiest to spot standing on the right side of the car. Points nearly straight upwards, with cable on top. Some diferent types of sender units has been used, colour (blue or white?)and number of cables tells which one to purchase..

regards ottar t

Reply to
Ottar T

Nice one, I will investigate it at the week end,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s