A4 vs. A6 used avant

I am leaning toward purchasing a used avant for the wife and would like to know opinions on years and transmissions and engines from people w/ experience. I have a mechanic telling me the 1.8T's are problematic. He also states that the automatics are probably not the best choice for longevity, but I would like to get an auto for her. Probably looking at something in the 50K-80K range. Thanx in advance. andy

Reply to
andy

I put 140K miles on my '95 A6 wagon and currently have 140K on my '98 A6 wagon. Both automatics. (And both 2.8 litre engines.)

Bob

Reply to
eBob.com