Used Imprezas

I am looking for a used impreza and was wondering where I can get good info on used subaru models, ideally maintenance/design problems to avoid certain years or engines, etc. I am leaning toward a '99 impreza outback. Live at

7000' and want a reliable commuter for my wife. I am especially interested in what transmissions are available and which to get. Thanx in advance. andy
Reply to
andy