A6 Multitronic

Hi All.

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking to buy a A6 Avant multitronic - probably second hand, and probably the 2.5TDI. Anyone any experiences, good or bad on these.

I currently have a A6 1.9TDI Avant manual, but did have a multi for a couple of days and like it and I now find myself spending alot of time in traffic so an auto would be a nice to have!

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark

===================================== Well I've got a '01 A6 1.8T with the Multitronic Box and I am amazed at how refined and economical the car is, I find it smoother than my dad's new Jag XJ. It's great around town or on long runs and you will eventually find the sweet spot power wise which helps when you need to accelerate, some say it suffers from lag i.e. put your foot down and nothing much happens other than the engine getting louder, they don't work that way, I find it better to squeeze they power on until the turbo kicks in then squeeze it more that way you don't get any transmission lag and it pulls like a train though I have to keep an eye on the speedo coz you soon hit a ton without realizing. I had to have the box replaced 6 months ago when the car had only 25K miles on the clock and luckily enough just inside warranty, the reason was it was jerky when pulling away from standstill and when acccelerating, plus it would change ratio's erraticly when travelling at a constant speed, but other wise I am fully satisfied and spoilt by the Multitronic.

Reply to
liam

Thanks for the comments - I noticed when I had a lone car, that when going from a dead stop with the brakes on there was an apparent delay when first accelerating - hence a fair few more revs went on compared to what I would do in the manual - but thats probably something you get used to.

Mark

Reply to
Mark