A6 Electric Seats

I'm currently looking for an A6 Avant 2.5TDI-140 SE, and it looks I've found one in really nice condition - not perfect as there are a few minor scuffs, but overall the condition is really excellent, and I'm seriously considering it if I can get it at the right price.

Originally I was going to look for one with cruise and leather, but it's looking like it'll take forever and a day to find one like that, so I'll settle for a nice SE with everything working, get the cruise fitted aftermarket (a company local to me does it for about £200 using the std Audi parts) and then looks for a nice interior at a later date.

So does anyone know if they ever fitted electric seats to the early shape A6s? I'm talking any model here, even the top of the range quattro? Also, from looking about on the web (does that make you happy Spider?) I see that electric memory seats were standard in all late shape A6s - does anyone know if these can be retrofitted into the early shape A6, and can they just plug in (i.e. does the standard wiring loom have facility for them?).

The reason I ask is that I have seen one advertised that was an early shape one (1996) that had electric seats (2.5tdi) - shame it's a 115bhp version (only 5-speed so it definitely would be).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

My '98 2.8 A6 Quattro Wagon has two power front seats. The driver's seat has memory. I am not sure about the passenger seat.

Bob

Reply to
eBob.com

Yes, do you know if these are fittable in the earlier shape A6?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I am not sure what you mean by "earlier shape". My '98 is an early '98, before the model change. It seems to me to be identical, mechanically, to my '95 2.8 A6 Quattro wagon. Certainly the seats in the '98 seem identical to the seats which were in my '95. ALTHOUGH ... since the '95 did not have a power passenger seat I am not sure how that would work. The wiring, e.g., would not be there. ALSO ... I cannot recall if the driver's seat in the '95 had memory. That could affect the wiring too.

Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
eBob.com

Ah right! When you mentioned that it was a 1998 model I just presumed it was the early model. A website I looked at

said that the Estatemodels in the early shape were discontinued in August 1997, and the firstAvants in the new shape were produced from February 1998. Obviously betweenAugust '97 and February '98 they had a fair few spare Avants that thedealers were knocking out.

That basically confirms it that electric seats were available in the early shape A6s. I'm hopefully getting a 96/N model, so hopefully this will have the potential to add leccy seats at a later date, if I find some nice ones.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan