Advice needed on replacement mirror for 99 A3T Sport

Hi all,

After some nice chap snapped my driver's side wingmirror back (meaning it still works but doesn't stay in place without some help from glue/ tape) I'm in need of some advice on how to go about replacing it as I don't fancy shelling out at a dealer for a replacement.

The mirror itself is fine - it still electrically adjusts and heats up, it was just snapped back beyond it's natural range of movement which I assume means the metal mechanism bit needs replacing.

I tried ebay but ended up getting conned (a mirror listed as being complete/in good condition) arrived more broken than mine! So any reliable sources for scrapyards or second-hand replacements - preferably online or near Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Also, what other models share this type of mirror, so I can broaden my search (I would guess Golf Mk4, Audi A4, but these are just stabs in the dark).

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Reply to
dan_xtc