Advice on buying 2002 A4 3.0 Quatro

I test-drove one. The center console is too wide, and the gas pedal too close to it, for my leg to be comfortable. Other than that, it's

*really* nice. The Quattro with the 3.0 might be a bit slow, though - the one I drove was a front-drive CVT.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

We dont get that problem over here :)

Does anyone else notice when you see a left hand drive car, the drivers always look like they are touching the door?

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

This Saturday, I take delivery on a certified '03 A4Q Sport, 3.0 6 speed. It took me six months to finally decide between the BMW 330xi, the Benz 4 matic, Subaru Legacy, and the Quattro. What my final decision was made on is the Quattro system. The BMW has a slight advantage in off the line acceleration,and the clutch is a little less grabby, but the Audi wins hands down in every other area. The fit & finish of the interior is awesome. The Benz & Subaru look & feel cheap in comparrison. Stop in to your local Audi service dept and have them run the VIN. They can give you a print out of the history. Also, spend the 20 bucks on a CARFAX report. IMO, it's also worth the extra bucks to buy certified from a dealer. You get the 300 point inspection and the Audi Assured Warranty on top of whats remaining of the factory warranty.

Cheers,

Howard

Reply to
howitzer

Thank you. This is insightful. Paul. I was looking at a beautiful red

2002 and ran a car fax and saw that it was an Audi lemon buy back. It only has 5,000 miles and 25 months left on the warrantee. The dealer says it is fine. I dunno

Reply to
PaulB

Check with the service dept. What was the nature of the defect? Has it been fixed? Why couldn't the previous owner get satisfaction with this car? Why didn't the dealer offer disclosure? The salesperson will try & convince you it is OK. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. There are plenty of good Audi's for sale out there. Like my dad used to say, "If it's too good to be true..." well, you know the rest.

Cheers,

Howard Sleeplessly awaiting '03 A4Q 3.0

Reply to
howitzer

I sold my 1998 2.8 sport 5spd quattro and got a 2002 3.0 sport 6spd quattro in Jan 2002. I absolutely love the car and it has plenty of power (this is a sport cruiser, not a racer though). The commuter experience in it is great.

Scott

Reply to
Scott