Anybody interested in "factory original" S4 wheels?

Those are 17 inch by 7 1/2, offset 35mm, 5-112 bolt pattern,

6 spokes with a hub cover...

I may have a couple for sale as of the end of this week. If I could find _one_ today in the Boston area (not from a dealer, mind you, they've got them for more than $500), I'd not be spending even more for four new rims... So, if one of your wheels is bent or scratched too much and you'd like a new one, would you buy it?

Another possibility: if you have one for sale, I might be interested. Two, maybe. More, I've got mine I don't know what to do with.

Victor (drop a message to nofurtherado at yahoo)

Reply to
Victor Bazarov

Before you do anything crazy, visit

They're located in Newton, MA, just off the Pike. Ring the nice lady there and see if they have (or can quickly get you) matching S4 wheels.

The last time I was in there having a curb-rashed wheel repaired (perfectly, fwiw) they had a couple of S4 rims on the shelf, and if I heard correctly they were priced at $150 each...

hth

/daytripper '00 S4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

I've heard of them. They are the only shop for the whole New England that repairs alloy wheels (or something like that). I've not spoken to them but other folks say that this Newton shop has about two weeks backlog. I can believe that given that after the cold season all the potholes are the wildest.

Yes, to straighten an alloy rim they charge about $150 (or so the legend goes). I am not sure whether I'd like to have mine straightened, how high a quality can that be? Once destruction has been introduced into the metal, bending it back means adding more destruction thus weakening the structure further. Any other repair is going to be still no better than a newly manufactured rim (even if it's aftermarket)...

Victor

Reply to
Victor Bazarov

Well, yeah - but at $150 there is a substantial cost savings ;-)

It all depends on just what kind of damage a wheel has sustained ie there's a huge difference between curb rash and a major crushing injury. The former just needs cleaning, priming, filling, painting and finishing. Depending on the extent of the damage, the latter may be a write-off, or may be safely salvageable. I doubt these people would sell a wheel that wasn't in safe condition - they don't need that kind of business, they're busy all the time as it is.

Anyway, with the Eurotrash and Westonians that favor M3's and S4's, if they scuff a rim while shopping on Newbury Street they pop into the nearest dealer and buy new ones. So where do the old ones go? To places like this!

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd (nowhere near wealthy enuff to be Eurotrash, never mind Westonian ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

You may also want to look at

in NH. I've never done business with them, but I spoke briefly with them while looking for some

16" Subaru rims for winter tires.

Stu

Reply to
Stu Hedith

Thanks. I've also been recommended

(they are part of
but don't have anything either. The nearest wheel I needed was is in NYC (Brooklyn, and I'm not sure whether I can trust them, you know, first time and all).

Victor

Reply to
Victor Bazarov