Audi (A4) Tuning & Performance services

Looking for companies to explore what I can do to my A4 Quattro. Know bugger all about performance mods so want someone I can talk to first, without being pressured into buying things!

The car is a rare 97 (P) UK model quattro auto 2.8 saloon.

Look forward to your help & comments etc

Reply to
Tucker

Basically,

1.- Chip. Will get you about 200 HP.

2.- Chip + bigger exhaust + downpipe: Will get you about 10 to 15 extra HP and more noise.

3.- Number 2 + mod cataytic conv + kK04 or KK3 sport turbine. Will get you around 230-40 HP with specific soft for your new turbo.

4.- Number 2 + bigger turbo + bigger injectors and fuel pump + additional plumbing. You'll get around 300 HP but more turbo lag and sharp power delivery which needs an expert driver to tame.

5.- Number 2 + bigger heads so that you're getting more cubic room + lots of other mods, the sky is the limit.

I went for option 1 but I'd love to test numbers 4 or 5, though I doubt I'd want that done to my car unless they were real pros.

JP Roberts

"Tucker" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

JP, its a 2.8 not a turbo :), if your in the UK thats a 30v model, not much you can do apart from chip it, which doesnt do much, new exhaust, perhaps a K&N, it already has 180bhp, i have the 2.6 12v quattro,150bhp job, there not that rare either, theres tons in the uk :) mines a 97 P which they replaced with yours, they stopped making the 2.6 12v in 96.

Ronny

Reply to
Ron

Oops! Righto! I seem to have misread 2.8.

Agreed. Not worth doing much about it. I seem to remember some tuner fits a PS28 turbo into the 2.8 thus turning it into a monster. I would bet reliability is not its strength though.

JP Roberts

"Ron" escribió en el mensaje news:GKr1c.7883$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net...

Reply to
JP Roberts

It's a supercharger (intake air compressor driven by crankshaft) made by PES, I believe, designed to fit in the middle of the Audi V6 2,8 NA engine.

A Google search turns up a number of references.

But I do wonder what mods, if any, need to be made to lower the compression ratio . . .

/Robert

Reply to
Robert Brown

Thanks for all your help... and suggestions. Will investigate the PES route..

Reply to
Tucker

You definetly need to change every single vaccum lines out. Our engine produce lots of heat under the engine. I never liked the way the braided cloth hide possible leaks. I've heard of other people pull their hair out, trying to find leaks.

Another one is installing a catch can, to separate oil.You don't want it coating your intake track. Also change it to a TT bpv 710. New clutch, I burned thru thru stock on in 7k miles :) Then burned another aftermarket one in 11k (I have my doubts on that brand tho) I'm on a spec stage 3 4 puck clutch now, holds like stink and it's been over a year.

If I remember anything else I'll post it here. But for more info on Apr stage 3 owners. Drop by

Over in the B5 forum. Lots of guys there, I've meet a bunch of them over in alabama, USA. Apr has a yearly bbq event there.

Reply to
<jbiggs

Thanks for all the info.

JP Roberts escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...