Audi washser nozzle and door problem.

Hello,

I have a specific question for the group. Has nayone ever had one of the washer nozzle on their Audi pop off?

I understand that it is only a $13.00 item. What bothered me is that the warranty given to me for work completed three years ago by Scottsdale Paint and Body (Arizona) is worthless. The shop painted the front bumper of my

2001 A6 2.7T which I agree was chipped a bit. The expressed warranty was for the life of ownship, given caveats I am sure. Twice since the work was completed the washer door has wedged open and or locked in the open position. This small item was addressed during service at the Scottsdale North Audi Dealership. Excellent Service form them. Now, SP&B wishes to chage me $268.00 to replace the door which has finally blown its self off of the vechicle and replace the missing nozzle that they claim is the culprit. The cost of work is justified in that they must remove the bumper to install the nozzle. The smae nozzle that is visable from 5 feet away due to the missing door. The explaination as to why they are not covering the work performed is because "Ed" states that this is a very common problem on All Audis. In fact it happens to "7 out of 10" Audis on the road. Well, you can imagine my suprise that Audi would continue to allow this to happen to 70% of thier vechicles.

I wish to hear back from anyone/everyone just how often thay have had this problem with their Audis washer door and ro nozzle. I have decided to ask this knowledgables group for facts to confront this gross defect on this automobile.

Thank you,

Bob

Reply to
Rusty NAilz