B5 1.8TQM A4 - Gas Mileage

Just out of curiosity, what kind of mileage are you guys getting from this car?

So far, mine is running quite high...I mean....400 km for a tank of gas (55 Litres)... and thats with normal driving (60 % city, 40% hwy, 15% of the time aggressive hehehee), premium gas.....

Could there be something wrong....I plugged in a Vag com and no codes at all.... I hope this is not the normal range for this engine :o)

cheers Ash

Reply to
Ash Mann

I get about 25mpg with a mixture of highway and city driving. I tend to have somewhat of a lead foot though. With granny type driving, you might be able to get ~30mpg.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Mauritz

That's about what I get as well.

I don't think there's anything wrong. That's just how these cars are. Heavy + quattro + turbo = bad gas mileage.

Although, if you haven't changed your air filter or spark plugs in a while, I'd suggest you do. ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Those numbers seem really good. I only get about 20mpg combined city/hwy in my 1.8 TQ

Bruce

Ash Mann wrote:

OT: Did you get your chip/turbo issues straightened out?

I just got my X-chip back in the car... and for some reason it doesn't feel as "fast" as I remembered it, but then again, it's been so long ago, it may have just been my imagination...

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Which side of atlantic? Gallon being 3.8 or 4.5 liters?

- Juha -

Reply to
Juha

With my old good chip I get 700 odd km out of a tank if I drive sparingly - then again I praise myself on my never using the brakes unless strictly necessary - which means I save on both gas and pads/rotors. Normal driving will get me 600 odd, and spirited about 480. So, the secret goes: the better you are at anticipating - and that means keeping a good distance to the car in front - that's why I try to be precisely that one :), the less you'll have to use your brakes which in turn translates into better fuel economy.

Now, let me tell you something. Normal ordinary people don't have a clue what economical driving is this side of the ocean - that's my side, and with the kind of prices you guys are getting for gas overseas I don't see why you should worry in the least!

Yours,

JP Roberts

"Ash Mann" escribió en el mensaje news:kOIlb.246265$ko%. snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...

Reply to