central locking/key fob failure?

Hi

I have been enjoying my new A4 Avant 1.8T for a couple of weeks. Very pleased with it apart from a "glitch" with the central locking. A couple of times (once last week and once today) the key fob has failed to activate the central locking. I have had to turn on the ignition, turn off again then all is well. I do not believe it is radio interferance as there are no transmitters in the locality. Do you have any suggestions as to the cause and solution? Is this a known problem? I am seeing the dealer on Saturday but I do not want him to palm me off.

Thanks for your help

Mark....

Reply to
Mark Robbins

Are you sure the door-closed switches were all engaged - particularly the drivers door?

Reply to
daytripper

Not sure how old your car is - but battery going in the fob? I had a similar problem when the little ring came out of mine - I had to pry the cover halfway off to get it back in - then it didn't work. But once I started the car with it, it seemed to pick up the coding again and has been fine since....

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Hi, the car is brand new so I would be surprised if it was the fob's battery but will check. I will also make sure the doors are properly shut but I thought that I did that ;-)!

Cheers

Mark....

Reply to
Mark Robbins

By new I take it it's a B7 if it is, best of luck, Audi have problems with them. I've just taken a loan car back, which I have had before and it still has the same problem. You just have to use the key untill it's sorted.

Reply to
marcus

Yup my bosses 2005 B7 is the same, problems withthe keyfob/locking

Reply to
Ronny

Just had mine replaced after 2 months

Reply to