Clicking from Right Wheel While Accelerating through a Right Turn

(Thanks to the group for a crusise control answer - I'll report back - now a question I may be afraid to hear the answer to)

My 99 A6 2.8 has begun to make a noise in the right wheel. When I use the gas in a right hand turn, there is a clicking noise coming fromn the right wheel area. It seems to be tied to how much accelator I use. ( I'm guessing probably in the range of 4-8 clicks per second )

I can drive straight and not hear it. I can coast through a right turn, and not hear it. If I hit the gas in a right turn, I DO hear it.

I have some ideas, but I think they may all be pretty expen$ive.

Looking fwd to your comments...

...Mike

Reply to

You have a failing CV joint.

Get a re-manufactured axle and replace. This is not to difficult or expensive of a job at a reliable Audi independent shop.

As long as you are doing it you should take the opportunity to replace the front wheel bearings. they tend to go bad over 100K.

Reply to
TonyJ