Reset Service Interval Light on 1998 C230

Haven't had the time to try resetting the CE light yet, but I also would appreciate it if someone could help reset the #$@% Service Interval light. I tried the method shown here for a C190 but that doesn't work. Arrrrgh! Thanks!!!!! Dave

Reply to
Dave HD

Haven't had the time to try resetting the CE light yet, but I also would appreciate it if someone could help reset the #$@% Service Interval light. I tried the method shown here for a C190 but that doesn't work. Arrrrgh! Thanks!!!!! Dave

Reply to
Newsgroup Reader

I doubt it RJM as it didn't work on my C230... Dave HD

15,000 > > km). > >
Reply to
Dave HD

The instructions came directly from a C230 owner's manual.

This same procedure has worked on my ML430, CLK430, C230, C43, SLK230.

Consistently. Without a single failure.

Reply to
Newsgroup Reader

I dunno, I printed it out and tried it 5 times. Each time it only reset the trip odo.

Reply to
Dave HD

Well you aren't doing it properly then, that's how I always reset them.

Reply to
miknik

With multifuntion steering wheel? To reset the service indicator on cars with multifunction wheel put ignition in position 2, scroll through until remaining mileage until service is displayed on the instrument cluster then press and hold the button on left of the instrument cluster for 3 seconds. It will then prompt you to hold the button again for a further 3 seconds to reset the counter.

Reply to
miknik