HOW2->remove orifice tube from aluminum line of '90 Turbo 200 ?

In the process of replacing the a/c compressor, I'm stumped at removing the orifice tube.

In fact I broke it off inside the aluminum line, attempting to extract it.

Help appreciated, Courtney

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

Courtney, You might try getting a long wood screw and screwing it into the remainder of the orifice tube body, and then pulling on that to extract it. If you're a bit leery of that, try

or other ac supply companies - I'm sure I saw an extractor there. Make sure you flush the lines really well to remove the debris from the extraction. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k
Reply to
Steve Sears