re: '90 Turbo 200: HOW2 tell if CV joint needs replacing ? [Thanks to ALL !]

Being inexperienced, I am now confused as to which way to go, i.e.......

If I have to remove the axle/CV joint at all, it seems to me to just simply replace w/original type boots.

Else, it seems the stretchy boots are the labor easy way to go.

I'm in the U.S. so I assume importing the stetchies will be expensive, so.... since I can replace both R&L half shaft assemblies for a total of $125, what do you think I should do ?

There was no noticeable driving disturbance with the existing CV joints. It's only that I noticed the front left inner boot and the front right outer boots were ruptured.

The car has over 1/3 million miles on it and still runs great and I want to keep it, but need to learn how to fix things :-)

Suggestions for how to remove/reinstall the CV joints would be appreciated, too.

Thanks to all, again, for their generosity,

Courtney

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

The message from Courtney Thomas contains these words:

I'm sure such things exist in the US too.

Reply to
Guy King