Lock/Unlock

My 1998 A6 has developed an annoying habit of locking itself the moment I unlock it. This happens whether I use the unlock button on the key fob or attempt to unlock manually. Has anyone had this problem who can recommend a solution?

Thank Marco

Reply to
Marco Morales

That sounds like it might be a problem with the controller which looks after the central locking. It's supposed to wait for about a minute before it relocks (assuming that you haven't opened a door in that time).

Another thought is that the electrical contact in your fob may be permanently closed, transmitting a continuous lock signal.

Reply to
Peter Bell

I had the same problem on my 97 A3. It was some time ago and I don't recall exactly what the name of the item that was replaced but it was a fairly major part of the central locking system and the cost was about

250 quid + VAT.

This fixed the problem completely.

Reply to
Graham

Marco,

Good way to check if your key fob has an electrical fault as Peter mentions is to leave your electric windows open, lock the car then try the unlock button. If the lock button is faulty, it should close the windows.

Regards, Shane.

Reply to
Shane Lord