A4 Radiator reservoir joke

The level sensor switch went TU so I ordered a new radiator reservoir tank..........

it arrived today very quick, but the only problem is they changed the sensor plug from square with 2 small flat pins to round with 2 large flat pins (1/4" spade)

Audi say it's the only one available for my year......in fact it's the only one available.

so it's out with the wire cutters.........I know its not difficult to overcome but why.............ahhhhh I know when someone puts it in for them to do it, "sorry Sir but we had to change ALL the wiring to fit the new one" and that will be another 100 on the bill.

toy

Reply to
Toy

Toy, It may be that....maybe the connector is more universal between models.....or maybe the new connector will result in fewer failures. One of the attendees (a tech at a dealership) of a Pub night I attended explained how they had a Passat (? - not sure on the VW model) in the shop with many electrical problems - including the fuel gauge. When they opened up the access to the fuel sender, they found.....coolant!!!! Sure enough, the coolant (under pressure in the reservoir) had been pushed through the coolant level sensor's connector, and into the (sealed connector) wires. It went through the wires to the instrument cluster and from there to the gas tank sensor. The wire insulation acted like a pipe for the fluid - in the end he said tons of wiring had to be replaced. He also said that he had seen a number of VW's with coolant on the fuel sender. Or maybe they're messin' with you...what do I know? Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - most new parts look the same as the original.....most parts are not originals 1980 Audi 5k - most parts NLA 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - always looking for more parts (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears