New A6 (uk)

Hi,

I'm getting a new car on 1st Sep and although a Merc C or E is currently top of my list, I'm very tempted by the new A6.

One question I have - does anybody know what the performance figures for the

2.0 Diesel are (0-60 speed and mpg), and will it be available with an automatic transmission? My local dealer couldn't tell me anything more than "we aren't getting the new A6 until 12th June" so I'm hoping there might be somebody here with inside information - or somebody that can point me to a forum where I may be able to get the answers?

On the Audi website it says the 2 litre diesel will be available "from September 2004" so I'm hoping this means 1st Sept, with auto...! My wife is getting a new car on 1st Sep and we are trading my car in for hers, so I can't wait a few months - if the 2 litre diesel auto isn't available by very early Sep it'll have to be the Merc.

Thanks, Russ.

Reply to
Russell Fray

On

they say that the 2.0L Tdi is available manual only with a

0-100km/h of 10.3s.

3.0L V6 Tdi is automatic/Quattro only and its 0-100km/h is 7.3s, similar to the E-Class Cdi.

Saintor

E320............go for it

Henry

Hi Henry,

If I go for an E-Class, it will be the E220 Diesel. Would you still recommend that over the new A6, and if so, why?

Thanks, Russ.

Reply to
Russell Fray

the new A6 is not that attractive.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

If the E220 is same style as E320 which I believe it is then it looks great........someone I know has the E320 and I drive it often The Merc is superb in finish, style and power. I cannot comment on the power differences between the diesel and petrol, you will have to test drive each to determine this. The Merc is an eye catcher in Silver.

H (1998 A4 2.4 V6 SE Auto)

Reply to
Henry

In article , Tha Ghee writes

Neither is the E-class, and they're as common as muck, at least the A6 will have the virtue of being significantly rarer.

Reply to
Toby Groves

In article , Saintor writes

Is that the same output as the 2.0 in the A3, as that time is less than a second slower than the A3, which seems rather quick for an A6.

Reply to
Toby Groves