new "S-Audi" High Gas-Prices ? At Least For A Good Cost Solid Silver Audis For Dubai

High Gas-Prices. At Least For A Good Cost Just Arrived In Dubai. The All New Solid Silver Audis. I guess Audi S-Class ?

fufko

Actually, believe it or not, that's paint! Apparently the prep job is really brutal - _any_ imperfections will show up bigtime. Nonetheless, hey, if ya got it....... (I wonder if it's quattro-equipped...) Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Actually, that's an A8 - the body panels are all aluminium. They are polished and lacquered. The plastic bits (bumpers etc. are painted to match.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Peter, Oversight on my part about the polished ASF (it was coated to keep the mirror shine, though). From MTM's web site: In Dubai the mtm Audi A8 polished was the eye-catcher. The car was analyzed and in many studies the enamel varnish of the aluminum car body was removed. Furthermore the car was cleaned. After that, the car body was polished with fine abrasive paper as well as special polishes to high gloss. The blank dress must not have any defects, because of the fact that retouching was not possible. Finally the car was protected with special clear varnish against environmental impacts.

Because of the fact that it is impossible to polish plastic parts like front and rear spoilers, mirror house, side sillboard or also fuel tank cap, they were enameled in a complex way to get a chrome effect. Finaly they were polished with clear varnish. Yep, according to the folks at Audiworld it costs around $40k for that treatment. I'm happy spending less than 1/40th of that on the new paint on my 5ktq. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - formerly Stone Grey Metallic, now Ming Blue Mica 1980 Audi 5k - always been some shade of Mexico Beige 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - Antique White and Crayon Grey (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Reply to
Steve Sears