Wait Time For a New Audi?

I am considering buying a new S4, but my local dealer cannot find one with the options I want. He says that if I special order it, it will take 3-4 months to arrive. Anybody had any experience with this? Is there a possibility it will come sooner? I know BMW dealers can change options on cars on order (before they are built obviously) and have it in in about 6 weeks.

-Justin

Reply to
Justin

"Justin" wrote

Well, if there is a car already on the assembly line that someone ordered but no longer wants, then there is a possibility to make it yours and equip with your options, but otherwise 3-4 months is what it takes.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

The delivery time for my Audis (to the UK) seems to have been around 10

- 12 weeks.

Yes, if the dealer has a car already on order, which is not spoken for, it is possible to amend the specification up to the time when the build is 'frozen'. The time between freeze and build dates seems to be rather variable - anything between 2 and 8 weeks, apparently.

One of the features of the current A8 production is that certain elements of the specification can be changed, even whilst the car is already on the production line.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Ordered a new a3 sportback 2.0tdi dsg in ireland at the begining of march, (week 9 production) it didn't arrive till week 31, a 22 week wait and i too was told 10 to 12 weeks at the start, worst thing was when it arrived it hadn't the dsg box fitted, audi got the blame for building it wrong, but they would order another one and it would arrive in guess what....another 20 weeks!!!! that would have been xmas at the earliest, cancelled it and bought a new 2.0tdi highline passat with dsg box, 2 weeks delivery on it, getting it on friday, it was delivered to the dealer today, will never order another audi again.

Reply to
Chris McDermott

I just talked to another guy at the dealership today who told me 8-10 weeks, although I am skeptical that it will come within the time frame promised. Since I live in the U.S. I imagine the wait time will be longer than for delivery in Europe.

Reply to
Justin