Oil temp/gauge

What should the normail oil temperature gauge read for an A4 2.8?

Reply to
Jack

At normal load -cruising at say 120 KM/Hr at normal temperatures, the oil temp equals the water temp (90 celcius) since it is heated and cooled by the water. At heavy laod or high temps, it should read up to 130 or higher.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

Reply to
chewb40

  1. Don't top post...

  1. There can be variations in the temperature gauge. Don't worry about it. Espeically if you are in a cooler climate.

Reply to
PeterD

Why not?

By far the majority of posters are using Outlook Express which does it automatically.

Perhaps top-posting should now be the norm?

Reply to
Marcus Redd

So, a paradigm as old as usenet itself should be abandoned because of some nitwit in Redmond?

As if.

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

A majority of posters use Outlook Depressed? News to me. Top posting has ALWAYS been discouraged. If you have a service that automatically top posts for you, you should find a better service.

Dave RS6

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Hehe, fair enough - but trying to get people to stop will just give you an ulcer...

Reply to
Marcus Redd

Maybe, but it's an uphill struggle and seems to be doomed to failure.

Please note, however, that I don't top post. I just found PeterD a little rude...

Reply to
Marcus Redd

Yea, like Firefox!

Reply to
PeterD

Why? I corrected him... I fixed his mistake... I answered his question... I can send you to a few other groups where that kind of reply would have gotten me flamed as being much too nice!

So, hell, I'll try again:

Dear OP,

If you can find it in your good heart, please bottom post from now on. It makes following the posts and replies easier, and is the NNTP convention. If you have that crappy MSFT product, you have my great sympathies, and if you wish I can help you get a much better news reader program... And, again I appologize for having to tell you this, since apparently MSFT has informed you that top posting is the way to go.

Again, so sorry,

PeterD.

(OK, now do you feel better?)

Reply to
PeterD

See, that wasn't difficult, was it now?

;o)

Reply to
Marcus Redd

Might be. I still would imagine that if you drive over 100 km/h during summer for e.g. one hour, the oil temp should reach the 90 at least, which is the coolant temperature level. Does your coolant temp reach the 90 degrees of Celsius? If it does, you should not worry about the oil temp. If the coolant temp does not reach 90 degrees Celcius, your thermostat may be faulty and does not close properly.

Regards, Sami

Reply to
Sami Heikkinen