Q7 (4.2 TDI) opinions ?

Hi,

Any (un)happy owner of that model yet?

What do you guys think of your Q7 (regardless of engine) ?

Cheers,

Reply to
Julius Vindex

Has a 4.2TDI even been delivered yet?

As far as I'm aware, the engine is fine as it's been available here in Europe for more than a year in the A8

Reply to
Dave

I have a 3.0 diesel and regardless of engine it is the best car I have ever owned. Not the best offroader because it is not an offroader. I am comparing it as a road car to BMW X5 and Mercedes ML and the Range Rover. Tyre wear is an issue though and I believe that this is a common problem.

10,000 miles is not acceptable and not competitive. The fuel consumption is not the best but 26 to 30 mpg imperial is not bad either. Over 600 miles between refills of the tank is regularly achievable. Love it. Just hope the tyre wear issue can be resolved. Its coming up to 10,000 miles now with the first service indicated for 15000 approximately. Will take it in to have an alignment check before then if I have time.

Huw

Reply to
Huw