Quattro Expense

Is that why Nissan has decided to produce a G35 AWD as well?

No one in this entire thread ever claimed that they are. The point of this thread was to determine whether an A4 quattro was any more costly to maintain than a A4 front-trak.

This has to be the funniest thing I've read in months. What does quattro have to do with the cost of the oil change? The engine is the same, it takes identical amount of oil and an identical oil filter. If someone told you they're more expensive and you believed them, you only have yourself to blame.

Hmm... so when it's time to replace your tires, you buy just one? And wait how long to replace the rest? I usually find myself getting 4 new tires, regardless if it's a FWD, RWD, or AWD. Rotating helps.

You did not show any. Please try again... Actually, don't bother - you're clueless.

Pete

it use electronics not an AWD system, if you had comprehension skills you would see that. local oil change places charge more for 4x4 vehicles wither it's AWD or 4x4 so that's not what I was told but was on a marquee. no I replace them in pairs that's what most people do, I'm glad you get all 4 do want a coke?? I did if you look at other post but it seems you comprehension is low so it's understandable. and I would be hurt, but you've shown me nothing to feel you calling me clueless would matter more than spam in my inbox.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

Ohio and 4x4s, and performance vehicles cost more for oil changes. ok so 20 people giving testimonies mean it's bulletproof I doubt that, it's a manuf. piece it will fall apart. I'll get my friends Max and will see who wins. doubt the last part but you know all....

Reply to
Tha Ghee

like I just posted 4x4s and performance vehicles cost more, I do my own so it's a moot point. no a proper TCS is similar not the same but gets the power to the wheels that need it, just like Quatt. I don't want you to get mad, I just want to see how the tire wear is better for Quatt. I went and looked in my maint. guide and it said all 4 tires should be changed at the same time or damage COULD occur to the AWD system.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

No, they don't.

your strong suit.

Provide where you got your information then.

As it happens I have to speak with my agent in the morning. I'll try to remember to ask.

touché on the over means.

You still don't get it.

Sure you have. And yet you know so little about tire wear.

Sure you do. And yet you don't have a clue about cost of ownership.

I'm quite content to ASSume you're the totally clueless person you appear to be, thanks for asking.

btw, I think I hear your mommy calling...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Ah well, troll-feeding time again..

  1. Audi's don't tend to have "fuel loses". In fact, I've only ever come across one car with a leaking petrol tank - an MGB where the garage had neglected to tighten the coupling. Easily fixed.
  2. Last time I looked, Munich was not in Japan.
Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

Yes, the FWD G35 uses electronics. But what I have been trying to tell = you is that there is also an AWD version of G35 available now. Why = would Nissan release an AWD version if the electronics alone could take = care of everything in the FWD version? Get it?

Electronics and AWD can work together (Audis have all the electronics, = too, BTW), but one cannot replace the other. Electronics can apply = brakes or remove power from individual wheels. Electronics cannot send = power to the rear wheels in a FWD car. Or did the people at the oil = change place also tell you that it's possible?

You definitely go to all the wrong oil change places. As I (and others) = explained earlier, there is no basis for this.

Most people are smart enough to rotate their tires every several = thousand miles so that all their tires wear evenly and last longer. And = if they all wear evenly, there's no need to replace only 2 at a time. = I'm sorry you haven't been able to grasp this concept, but there's never = too late. ;-)

I'm glad you get all 4 do

ROTFL!!! Please refrain from giving wrong advice to others. You're = entitled to have your own opinion, but please don't spread it - why = should others suffer because of your lack of knowledge?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Of course.

Harhar.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Then I'd move the hell away from Ohio. I *know* they don't cost any more anywhere else. Not in New England, PA, NC, GA, et al. Number one thing to remember, twit, is that Quattro is NOT a 4 x 4. It is an awd, big difference. You are easily led down the wrong paths, I'm afraid. Have you ever considered buying a bridge. I have a wonderful one for you if you want to buy it.

ok so 20

Sure it will fal apart. At some point it will need maintenance. But not for

150,000 miles or so, if even then. Read my lips, twit: I have never heard of Quattro failing, NEVER, and I've been driving them since 1985.

I'll get my friends Max and will see who wins.

Wins what? Ice racing? Come on up. The ice is thick. How about $10 for ever

1/10 of a second? Sound good? I take it Max is the fool that filled your pea brain with all this sillyness about how bad Quattro is?

Well, it's obvious I know a helluva lot more than you. Perhaps you too can educate yourself. Hint: get rid of Max.

Toodles.

Dave

Dave LaCourse

Quattro is better than any other awd system out there. I owned a BMW many years ago. Fun to drive, but not on a rainy day and never in the winter. Acura = Honda. Good cars, but not as good as Quattro. The same with Lexus and Infiniti. I was thinking of buying a Lexus, and I will probably replace my wife's Land Cruiser with an Infiniti, but I don't consider them better than Audi Quattro.

What's Max drive? d;o) Dave

Dave LaCourse

Hey Dave, despite being right, take a deep breath and take it easy pal. Don't get fooled into a shouting contest. In the end both parties look foolish, remember? ;-)

Regards

Wolfgang Gruß

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Ahh, come on, Wolf. I be havin' some fun and you're trying to spoil it.

Dave

Dave LaCourse

Your answer confirms my suspicion, plus this new tire is the exact same mfr, model, and size as the other three. As for the puncturing (punctuation?? :), that happened because I was overly assiduous in parking the car on the street next to the curb. What really happened was that I slightly slit the sidewall by scraping it on the curb, weakening it. No air loss, but a disaster waiting to happen.

Reply to
xymergy

Oh, sorry, err.. well, feel free to go ahead then :-))

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Sorry, I meant to say RWD G35. ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Not to beat this discussion to death, but one thing that has not been mentioned here is that while you have duplicate drive train components in AWD, you also have on average only 50% of the load. Beyond the uncomplicated, bullet-proof use of a mechanical Torsen center differential in non-TT/non-A3 Audis, *that* is the main reason you see virtually no failures on the drive train components past the transmission on these cars, and it also helps understand the superior thread life on tires and other components.

I am tomorrow replacing my crap Michelin tires after almost 60K miles, just because they would not die (although they became noisy and I have not trusted them after about 20K). The same tires lasted only about 20K on my Golf (10K-15K of that showing halfway acceptable performance).

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

I believe there are still places around that will shave a new tire down to match other tires. Check if this is cost effective for you.

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

My 18" tyres are now on 30k miles and I have never owned a car that is like this on tyres, there is no need to rotate the tyres on a quattro, they do wear almost perfectly, you do get a little more wear if your one of those people who use the power steering to much while the car is stopped.

My Audi dealer has said he has *never* heard of a quattro drive train going wrong.

I've just passed the 150k mile mark, and it still drives like new its a new a4 quattro.

servicing can be a little more expensive on one point, changing the fuel filter, this is because the quattro has a dual tank design that sits either side of the prop shaft, you dont have this on fwd car, this makes it harder to change. oh and the quattro holds a little less fuel. maybe a gallon less.

some garages will charge you more because it's a "quattro" if they do they are ripping you off, they think they can get away with it being that its the better vehicle of the range, iirc there is no difference in charge for a service from Audi.

ronny

Reply to
Ronny

not your strong suit.

time, touché on the over means.

any time you want to call a local Ohio place I'll be more than happy to give you the number, if you don't believe me go to progressive and see. if you want the VIN I can provide it, just make sure your life partner is not upset at you using the puter so much.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

so your saying the Quatt. is better than the ix system in BMW or MBs

4matic??
Reply to
Tha Ghee

[...]

Pete you do realize the G35 is RWD, so take you own advise and stop posting you'll do us all a favor, of not lowing the groups IQ

Reply to
Tha Ghee