RDS-TMC in UK on Audi DVD Satellite Navigation System Plus?

I am in the process of selecting a car to replace my three-year-old Audi A2.

One of the must-have features for me is a satellite navigation system with RDS-TMC traffic information for dynamic re-routing. The BMW 1-Series offers this but as far as I can tell the Audi A3 does not.

I would be looking to buy a car with the DVD Satellite Navigation System Plus. From what I have read this unit supports RDS-TMC but due to licensing issues the data disc does not inlude the necessary data to decode TMC messages in the UK. This renders the TMC function useless.

Can anyone confirm that my understanding is correct?

If it is then presumably the TMC function could be enabled at some point in the future if a disc with the codes included were to be published but there would be no guarantee that this would ever happen and if it did it would be additional expense (probably £150+).

Martin

Reply to
Martin Cook