Seeking Info: Infiniti G35 DVD Navigation System

Dear readers,

I recently bought an Infiniti G35 with the GPS option. While I am waiting for the car to be ready, I was wondering if I could document myself on that technology, since it probably is the only accessory for which I will need to read the manual.

I seek information about the Infiniti G35 DVD Navigation System. I have seen everything there is to read on Infiniti's website and asked many questions to my car salesman, yet I do not have all the details put together. I am interested in the technical specifications of this device; its OS, its brand, the way to program it, etc.

Unfortunately, googling around has not helped very much. I would appreciate if someone could post some online or offline references on the subject. Lastly, the salesman mentioned that I could later upgrade the system by buying a disc from Infiniti; is there any alternative to that?

Thank you, Max

Reply to
Max Plante

[...]

UPDATE:

I still need more info, but for the record, here is what I found so far:

The maker of the GPS software (or is it only the data?) seems to be Zenrin:

Max Plante

I have a 2003 coupe and I still don't understand how to work the climate system. Sorry I can't help you with the GPS--I have an aftermarket Garmin

2610 navigator. I can say that I find the GPS very useful.
Reply to
John Varela

Don't count on that being the only part of the manual you have to read. I have a 2003 coupe and I still don't understand how to work the climate system. Sorry I can't help you with the GPS--I have an aftermarket Garmin

2610 navigator. I can say that I find the GPS very useful so I expect you will too.
Reply to
John Varela

why is infiniti on Nissan newsgroup??

Reply to
Mark Levitski

On 2/12/2005 8:24 PM US(ET), Mark Levitski took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Because it is made by Nissan?

Reply to
willshak

Why are you asking such a silly question? :-) Infinity = Nissan

Reply to
JimV

I thought Infinity is a luxury division of Toyota?

My other unit is Ford MustangConvertible

Reply to
Mark Levitski
Reply to
« Paul »

And it is Infiniti, not Infinity.

Reply to
ppointer

"To Infiniti and Beyond!" Buzz Lightyear, 1995

Reply to
Max Plante

Because Infiniti is made by Nissan and there is no separate Infiniti news group, at least not on Earthlink's news server.

Reply to
John Varela

Because Infiniti is a Nissan brand.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Really? I didnt understand three other answers, you sure Infiniti is Nissan?

I mean White is Black?? Red is Green?

Reply to
Mark Levitski

Cadillac is made by GM. Lincoln is made by Ford. Lexus is made by Toyota. Acura is made by Honda. Infiniti is made by Nissan.

Reply to
John Varela

Dear collaborators,

Here is the user guide I was looking for! (It is originally for the Nissan 350Z, but as I see it, it is basically the same technology.

I am still looking for more technical information about this nav system, but I will settle for this until I can get my hand on something a little crunchier! ;)

The thread remains open for your input.

Regards, Max

Reply to
Max Plante

Custom designed by Zenrin,

Works great as it's integrated to the car's computer and will track you even with no satellite available.

What else do you want to know?

Reply to
SneakerFreak

ARE YOU SURE???