TMC in UK update

for those other owners of Volvo Sat Nav in the UK that can't yet use the TMC service, there might be some hope for us yet.. I just spotted this article at

95&PN=1it mentions that there might be a 'larger framework agreement' in place thatincludes Volvo...

"ITIS Holdings plc (ITIS) today announces a new contract with Land Rover to supply its RDS-TMC (Radio Data System - Traffic Message Channel) service as standard across all models fitted with factory-installed satellite navigation. The model range includes Range Rover, Freelander and the new Discovery.

Land Rover are the second of the Ford Motor Company brands to standardise the RDS-TMC service and this contract is part of a larger framework agreement to provide this service across other Premier Automotive Group brands including Aston Martin, Volvo and Jaguar. ITIS already supplies RDS-TMC to Ford. "

I assume though that this will mean a new DVD at a not insubstantial cost..

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener