CV Joint removal

I want to remove the outer cv joint off the half shaft to replace it. Is there an easy way to remove the joint as the internal circlip won't let the joint slide off? Thanks Bob.

Reply to
Bob Jenneson

Well, number one, you don't have a "cv" joint in a Miata. (but I know what you mean.) I do not think you can get a new or rebuilt "U" joint for a Miata ! (too bad too!) I think the only way to repair it is to replace the "complete" left or right shaft that has inner and outer "U" joints on them. As I remember, they come as one unit. (but that may have changed by now. I don't think so though.) If you have a bad one (for real!) you might think about finding a good used one in a wrecking yard. If you don't want to do that, I would go to the Mazda Dlr's that are on "Miata.net" . They have very good deals on OEM parts.

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN