Re: Another stuck window on Audi A6

I just fixed my two front windows - this is most likely your problem. The window operates with a cable system that locks into plastic sliders if one of the sliders breaks it causes the window to wedge and get stuck. I ordered the sliders from Jeff at vividracing.com part

4B0-837-463-B - buy two even though only one is probably broken.

Roll window all the way down if possible,

Remove the panel - one screw to remove on each side of panel - small phillips. Lift panel gently. pay attention to all the wires - mark them then disconnect all wires and door latch. Remove swicth by inserting small phillips into hole under handle and press tab to release. Remove inside door frame by removing four star bolts. Also gently pry off the rubber dams on the top side ofconnecting the door and inner frame. Remove tiny phillips screw on dam near hinge side.

Remove the inner frame - lay it on a blanket - replace broken slider and reverse the process. I also cleaned lubed all the cables while I was at it.

Reverse the process - remember to reconnect the latch befor you close the door!! Cost $30.

Reply to
jbhaass