1991 corolla driver side window regulator : how to repair

Hi, My corolla has some problem on driver side window regulator, it is a manual one, not powered one. I roll the nod up, the glass goes awry, I can use my hand to adjust the glass and then I can close the window.

Actually this problem happnened 3 years ago, a body shop ordered the regulator from Toyota dealer and replaced it, now it breaks again.

I asked another shop check it and they ask for $220, including part and labor.

This time I am trying to repair it myself, but I never do it before, so if anyone can give me a pointer I would appreciate very much.

Reply to
linq936

Remove the inner door panel and see if one of the bolts holding the glass or regulator in place is loose or missing.

To replace the window regulator, you will have to remove the inner door panel, unbolt and remove the window glass, unbolt the regulator, and reverse the process. The hard part will manouvering the regulator in and out of the door.

If you are not familiar with removing the interior door trim, I recocmmend getting a manual like Haynes or Chilton to help.

Reply to
Ray O

Try getting the regulator from an auto wrecker. Might be cheaper.

Reply to
FD