Re: Headlamp mortality experiments: AUDI GURU'S READ

H7 bulbs fail much more frequently than other bulbs. They fail in Audi, VW, Volvo, Land Rover, pretty much anything they are stuck in. That's a lot of light in a pretty small package. If you want a permanent fix, replace the low beam bulbs with an HID kit. A decent quality HID setup should last the life of the car.

My 2K A4 is coming up on three years this Sept. In that time, I have >replaced the low beam bulbs twice.
Reply to
JPF

I have replaced one H7 bulb on my 2001 A4. I have over 70000 miles, so that is well over 1000 hours of driving, most of that with the lights on. I have had one failure (low beam of course). I would say that isn't too bad.

For the cost of an HID setup, I can buy a lot of H7 bulbs.

To avoid aggravation, you could simply replace the low beam H7 bulbs every

50,000 miles or so, even though they haven't failed. The high beam bulbs probably will never burn out, since they are on so much less.

Don Borowki

Reply to
Don Borowski