A4 headlamp multiplug removal

How do you remove the multiplug off the A4 headlamp (2002 model) I can take out the headlamp but cant disconnect the multiplug!!! how?

I have replaced the dipped H7's for Osram Xenons ( worked a treat in my V70) but there is not much difference still poor light! I am thinking of replacing them with 80W bulbs to see if they are any better ( I know they aren not legal) but I need better dipped lights as they let an otherwise exellent car down.

Reply to
steve

Where did you mount the high voltage power supplies in the V70? =20 Or, did you just install blue-tinted incandescent bulbs? (which are NOT Xenon arc lamps)..

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Hi - they are just Xenon filled H7's I looked at the HID systems available (=A3100-=A3200) but tried the bulb upgrade and it works a treat!!! if you have a V70 you'll know that low beam is rubbish!!! not with these bulbs!! well worth =A316 (Ebay)

Reply to
steve

Hi there, your efforts in replacing your H7 with a "xenon" color bulb have improved the color of your lights and made them more white; however, those blue tinted H7 bulbs actually reduce the visible light on the road. It's unfortunate, but it's actually a slight downgrade you did to yourself by installing those unless the whiter color light helps your eyes.

To get more light on the road you either have to up the wattage (go with 80watt halogens) and risk cooking the cars wiring, or install xenons. I highly recommend true xenons (hid). The $300 you'll spend on a kit is *well* worth the money.

- Nate [ 2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro + HID ]

Reply to
Locu

The multiplug.... There's a small slot on the side of it where you can fit a flathead screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver in the slot, and twist it about 15degrees. You'll hear a slight pop/snap as it releases. Then either wiggle it off, or I just like to put the flathead between the light housing and the plug and twist it again to pop it off. It should slide off pretty easy.

Reply to
Locu

The multiplug.... There's a small slot on the side of it where you can fit a flathead screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver in the slot, and twist it about 15degrees. You'll hear a slight pop/snap as it releases. Then either wiggle it off, or I just like to put the flathead between the light housing and the plug and twist it again to pop it off. It should slide off pretty easy.

Nice one!!! cheers m8 :-)

Reply to
steve

To get more light on the road you either have to up the wattage (go with 80watt halogens) and risk cooking the cars wiring, or install xenons. I highly recommend true xenons (hid). The $300 you'll spend on a kit is *well* worth the money

Hi M8, can I install HID's into the projector style headlamp thats on the 2001+ models? its the magnifying lens type thingie....... you know what I mean :-)

Reply to
steve

To get more light on the road you either have to up the wattage (go with 80watt halogens) and risk cooking the cars wiring, or install xenons. I highly recommend true xenons (hid). The $300 you'll spend on a kit is *well* worth the money

Hi M8, can I install HID's into the projector style headlamp thats on the 2001+ models? its the magnifying lens type thingie....... you know what I mean :-)

Reply to
steve

Yes, the Valeo projectors on the B6 body style accomodate HIDs very well. I just completed a HID install on my 02 Audi A4.

There's little room for anything other than Valeo ballasts though, so I highly suggest getting Valeo projectors. I bought mine off ebay from a guy named henrylampa. You can find him on ebay by searching for "valeo ballast". He did well by me and has the product you need. You might also be able to find some used ones up there for a discount. You'll need 2 ballasts, 2 ignitors, and 2 D2S bulbs.

They call that magnifying lense type thing a projector. =) I call it an eyeball type thing to anyone else tho! ;)

Reply to
Locu

oh.. and I made my own wiring harness to tie the HIDddpower in directly to the battery. although nobody has confirmed it anywhere, some say that tying HID into the car's wiring can cook the wires/relay/switch which can be costly. i didn't wanna risk it, although, a lot of people have and had no problems..

Reply to
Locu