Re: Key programming

Hi Bently,

I wonder the following procedure applies to 2003 A4, I have tried your procedure but unable to get any result, it is because the alarm does not emit the beep !

Please advise !

Rgds Stephen JPF;7346 Wrote:

Try this, it's from the Bentley: > > Programming new remote controls > > Two keys and all the remote controls that are to be programmed > will be needed. The maximum number of remote controls that can be > programmed, including old and new, is four. > > - Insert first key into ignition switch, and turn it to > "ignition on." > > > > > - Insert second key into outer door handle, and turn it to > unlocked position for 10 seconds. > > System alarm will emit three beeps. > > - Take first remote control to be programmed and press button > -1-, two beeps will be emitted. For second remote control, press > button -1-, two beeps will be emitted. Use same procedure to program > third or fourth remote control. All remote controls must be programmed > within one minute, otherwise new programming will cancel and old > remote control programming will be valid. > > - Turn key in outer door handle to unlocked position for 10 > seconds, one beep will be emitted. > > - Switch ignition off. > > > > > 2003 22:18:12 GMT, Joseba Beltrán wrote: > > >Andrew Duane USG escribió: > > > >> Yes, there should be a simple procedure in your owner's manual. > >> You don't say which car you have, but mine is something like push > the > >> remote button, then use the key to unlock the driver's door. > > > >My car is an Audi A3 '00 > > > >Thank you very much....I'll try !
Reply to
Stephen

maybe using a vag-com tool is needed in your case.

can also do more with your remote like raise or lower windows too!) = I need to try this on my 1997 A4! does the alarm ever sound or work?

None of your remotes work? Got new batteries in them?

did you erase the memory?

dave AKA vwdoc1

Hi Dave,

The alarm is working fine, I am able to operate all functions of the remote control with the second master key. Only the first master key is not working after replacing battery. I have called the dealer twice about this, first time they said the procedures to reset the remote is indicating in the manual, after I read the manual, I found that the description are too simple and unworkable. I called the dealer again, then they said it has to be resetted through their computer !!

Rgds Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

read my thread in the DIY

Reply to
1move

Well from my very limited experience, I bought two switchblades from the same ebay auction and I only got one of them to work with my 1997 A4 along with an original 1997 remote (non-switchblade). I used the 2 key method and it worked and I will assume even though I put new batteries in the remote that did not work, it is probably a bad remote. :-(

Maybe you have a bad remote, but did it work before changing batteries? Are you sure that good batteries are installed correctly?

I have read about 4 or more ways to reprogram remote.

to depend on either how long you hold it to the lock position with =the second key, or how many times you do it within a certain amount of =time. Find one of these methods that work for you and post your =successful method. ;-) Or find someone with a vag-com tool, erase all remotes and reprogram all. ;-) There are some auto part stores in the USA that have scanners that will tell you if your remote is working. AutoZone is one of them that keeps the scanner by the new batteries for the remotes. Of course they may not have a battery to fit your Audi remote, but the dealer may have one at a competitive price.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for spending time on my problem. I finally bring it up to the dealer, they said that the transmitter in the key is not working properly, they replaced it and it works ok, thanks for your help.

Rgds Stephen

Reply to
Stephen